Abrasive Wheels Training CourseThis training course is ideal for those who work in an industry which requires the use of abrasive wheels as part of their job description.
The primary objective is to ensure that work equipment, including abrasive wheels, does not give rise to risks to health and safety, regardless of the work equipment’s age, condition or origin.
Course Aims and Objectives
- To train candidates in the skills and provide knowledge where required on the use of abrasive wheels.
- Select the correct equipment and mount abrasive wheels safely in accordance with the health and safety regulations.
- Wear the correct PPE associated with abrasive wheels.
- Introduction, course aims and objectives.
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed.
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed.
- How to store handle and transport abrasive wheels.
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage.
- The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels.
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
- The use of suitable personal protective equipment, for example eye protection.
3 years, this course is accredited.
By the end of the abrasive wheels training course delegates will have learned the skills necessary to work with abrasive wheels, inspect and maintain.
We can provide the abrasive wheels training courses, at a venue or location of your choice, throughout the UK.
For more information on our open courses, and prices of on-site training please contact us.
Abrasive Wheels online trainingThis course is aimed at anyone who uses abrasive wheels, or employs people who use abrasive wheels as part of their work.
There are a wide range of tools and processes that use abrasive wheels and ensuring these are used correctly and safely is of paramount importance. Applications range from hand grinding to disc cutting. They can be used at all stages of a work process, for making preliminary cuts and scores in materials, or for fine polishing and finishing.
Add this to your shopping cart for just £25 + VAT! If you need several licences, buy in bulk discounts are available. Please call our team today on: free phone 0800 052 9355
Approved by IIRSM & CPD
Please click on the link below to access the course.
Free Trial Buy Now User Login