Abrasive Wheels Training Course
Abrasive Wheels Training CourseThis training course is ideal for those who work in an industry which requires the use of abrasive wheels as part of their job description.
The primary objective is to ensure that work equipment, including abrasive wheels, does not give rise to risks to health and safety, regardless of the work equipment’s age, condition or origin.
Course Aims and ObjectivesTo train candidates in the skills and provide knowledge where required on the use of abrasive wheels.
Select the correct equipment and mount abrasive wheels safely in accordance with the health and safety regulations.
Wear the correct PPE associated with abrasive wheels.
- Introduction, course aims and objectives.
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed.
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed.
- How to store handle and transport abrasive wheels.
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage.
- The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels.
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
- The use of suitable personal protective equipment, for example eye protection.
3 years, this course is accredited.
By the end of the abrasive wheels training course delegates will have learned the skills necessary to work with abrasive wheels, inspect and maintain.
We can provide the abrasive wheels training courses, at a venue or location of your choice, throughout the UK.
For more information on our open courses, and prices of on-site training please contact us.
Additional informationFact sheet CPD and Construction (delegates) PDF
Fact sheet CPD and Construction PDF
Safety recommendations abrasives products fepa abrasives safety PDF
Abrasive Wheels E LearningApple Group Training and Consultancy now offer online Abrasive Wheels training courses for the construction industry.
The benefits of this type of training are that the course saves money on travelling and hotel expenses as the course can be taken in your own time, on your own PC to suit.
When taking the course, you must watch, listen and take notes.
Please click on the image below to access the online abrasive wheels training course, then click on open to view the options, you will be given the choice of a free trial, purchase or business user.
Information Abrasive wheels
Abrasive wheel certificate
Make an Enquiry
Freephone 0800 0529355
To find your nearest training location, please quote your postcode.