Banksman Training Course
Banksman training your fleet to safety!
This course is aimed at any person responsible for assisting in the manoeuvring and loading/unloading of vehicles.
Banksman training ensures that an organisation/company meets its legal requirements and reduces the risk of costly accidents when carrying out common, but dangerous, reversing manoeuvres.
Nearly a quarter of all deaths involving vehicles at work occur while the vehicle is reversing. Banksman training will help your organisation to overcome this problem.
Nearly a quarter of all deaths involving vehicles at work occur while the vehicle is reversing. Many more accidents do not result in injury but cause costly damage to vehicles, equipment and premises. Most of these accidents happen at low speeds and could be prevented by taking some simple safety precautions.
No matter what the size of your company, organisation is, if you have a work place that requires loading or unloading from vehicles within the workplace then you must be trained by law.
£115.00 per candidate, group bookings up to 10 candidates £650.00, all prices are plus vat.
Apple Group Training can provide this training course on site or at a location of your choice. We provide training at most major locations Leeds, Manchester, Hull, Newcastle, Birmingham, London, Glasgow, Aberdeen, and surrounding areas.
For more information on prices of on-site training please contact us.
Course aims and ObjectivesThis course aims to raise awareness of the dangers caused when large vehicles reverse, and introduces practical techniques and hand signals to assist drivers with this manoeuvre. Delegates will also be trained in the necessary skills to assist other drivers and banksmen.
By the end of the course, delegates should be able to:
- Ensure the safe passage when reversing vehicles in a confined area
- Be able to identify areas of danger when on site
- Demonstrate HSE’s recommended code of signals
- Guide large goods vehicles, both rigid and articulated, using the above code of signals to HSE Guide Notes HSG136 standard
- All delegates should be familiar with the latest edition of The Highway Code.
- Delegates should wear suitable clothing, bearing in mind that the practical aspects of this course will be taught outdoors.
- A good sized area of the yard, that is not in use, must be made available to conduct the training to ensure trainer and delegate safety. This must not involve using a public road.
- A vehicle must be supplied for use during training. We recommend that the type of vehicle supplied is similar to the type the yard is usually in receipt of, but if this is not possible a car can be used as long as the back windows are covered to get a realistic view of bringing a vehicle in safely.
For more information contact Apple Group
- Legal requirements, the law and your duties.
- Ensuring a safe system of work.
- The safe passage of reversing vehicles in confined spaces
- Identification of areas of danger within sites
- HSE and Road Transport Industry Training Board recommended code of signals
- Guiding large goods vehicles, both rigid and articulated, using the code of signals to HSE Guide Notes HSG136 standard
Certification is provided by Apple Group Training and can be used as proof of continuous professional development towards your training records.
Make an Enquiry
Freephone 0800 052 9355 or send us a message!