Abrasive Wheels Awareness Training Course
Abrasive Wheels Awareness Training
This training course is ideal for those who work in an industry which requires the use of abrasive wheels as part of their job description, please note this is an awareness course on the use of abrasive wheels only.
The primary objective is to ensure that work equipment, including abrasive wheels, does not give rise to risks to health and safety, regardless of the work equipment’s age, condition or origin.
£65.00 per candidate, group bookings up to 12 candidates, £400.00, all prices are plus vat.
Apple Group Training can provide this training course on site or at a location of your choice. We provide training at most major locations Leeds, Manchester, Hull, Newcastle, Birmingham, London, Glasgow, Aberdeen, and surrounding areas.
For more information on prices of on-site training please contact us.
Course aims and Objectives
- To train candidates in the skills and provide knowledge where required on the use of abrasive wheels.
- Select the correct equipment and mount abrasive wheels safely in accordance with the health and safety regulations.
- Wear the correct PPE associated with abrasive wheels.
By the end of the training course delegates will have learned the skills necessary to work with abrasive wheels, inspect and maintain.
Fact sheet CPD and Construction (delegates) PDF
Fact sheet CPD and Construction PDF
Safety recommendations abrasives products fepa abrasives safety PDF
For more information, please contact us.
- Introduction, course aims and objectives.
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed.
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed.
- How to store handle and transport abrasive wheels.
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage.
- The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels.
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use.
- The use of suitable personal protective equipment, for example eye protection.
Apple Group Training provide all course candidates with pre-course reading as well as literature on the day.
You must complete the awareness course first before you participate in any form of practical use of abrasive wheels.
For more information on further training or advice please contact us.
Make an Enquiry
Freephone 0800 052 9355 or send us a message!