Asbestos Awareness Training Course
Asbestos Awareness TrainingApple Group Training, work alongside trainers and instructors who have many years’ experience within the asbestos industry whether it be awareness, non-licensed and licensed removal.
The UKATA Approved Asbestos Awareness training course is specifically designed to provide delegates with an appreciation of the requirements of UK legislation Asbestos regulations 2012.
If you have no intention of removing asbestos but work on buildings built or refurbished before the year 2000, asbestos could be present. You will need awareness training so you know how to avoid the risks.
12 months, this training course is UKATA accredited.
£65.00 per candidate, group bookings up to 12 candidates, £450.00, all prices are plus vat.
Apple Group Training can provide this training course on site or at a location of your choice. We provide training at most major locations Leeds, Manchester, Hull, Newcastle, Birmingham, London, Glasgow, Aberdeen, and surrounding areas.
For information on our on-site training, please contact us.
Course aims and Objectives
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke;
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACMs in buildings and plant;
- The general procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency, for example an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace; and
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos, for example for building work, no employee should carry out work which disturbs the fabric of a building unless the employer has confirmed that ACMs are not present.
At the end of the Asbestos Awareness training course there is a multiple choice written test paper, when successfully completed candidates will be recognised under UKATA guide lines that they are competent on the understanding of Asbestos Awareness.
- Current legislation (CAW Regulations 2012)
- Appreciation of the requirements of UK legislation
- Introducing asbestos
- Types of asbestos
- Where asbestos may be found
- Why is there a problem?
- Asbestos related diseases
- Who is at risk & why
- The Duty to manage asbestos
- Assessing the risk
- Training requirements
Make an Enquiry
Freephone 0800 052 9355 or send us a message!