PPE Inspection and Audit Training Course
Harness, inspection, record keeping & audit proceduresThis training course has been designed for companies, organisations and those who have a legal duty under law to audit, record and register any PPE and other associated equipment within the workplace that requires a legal method of evidence within the regulations of the UK.
The training provided will help those with the responsibility recognise and eliminate the dangers of incorrect usage, is the harness the correct type for the job itself, are there any signs of damage, cuts, tears, contamination, is the harness and associated PPE in date?
It is the law, under the PPE regulations, and the work at height regulations, it is the duty of the employer to maintain any fall arrest equipment, if you find a fault in the equipment you must not use it, you must report it, you must make arrangements to remove it from the working environment. It is essential that the person carrying out any inspection is sufficiently independent and impartial to allow them to make objective decisions, and has appropriate and genuine authority to discard defective harnesses, lanyards and other associated PPE.
3 years, this course is accredited.
Apple Group Training can provide this training course on site or at a location of your choice. We provide training at most major locations, Birmingham, Glasgow, Hull, Leeds, London, Newcastle and surrounding areas.
For more information on our open courses, and prices of on-site training please contact us.
Course aims and Objectives
- Accurately record details.
- Inspect and monitor.
- PPE and associated equipment.
- Identify component parts using industry standard naming conventions.
- Thoroughly inspect equipment within your industry, and identify safety critical faults.
- Record your findings in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Recommend action to be taken if faults found.
You will be able to identify:
- Legislation and regulations regarding Inspections.
- Methods of record keeping.
- The difference between maintenance and repairs and who is allowed to do them
- The correct methods of disposal of equipment at the end of its working life
This course is a mixture of both theory and classroom participation.
- Appreciation of the requirements of UK legislation.
- Responsibilities and your actions.
- Specifications of your equipment.
- Initial Inspection.
- Asset register.
- PPE inspection.
- Types of PPE associated within the workplace.
- Recording Procedures.
- Frequency standards & methods of inspection care & maintenance.
Make an Enquiry
Freephone 0800 052 9355 or send us a message!