Face Fit Testing Train the Tester
Face Fit Testing Train the TesterResearch has shown that up to 50% of all worn Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) does not offer the user the correct level of protection, which is often a result of their face mask not fitting properly.
The Health & Safety at Work Act (HSWA) and the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWR) require you to ensure that you have a safe working environment and they set out basic requirements for you to follow.
The law governing the use of Respiratory Protection Equipment (RPE) is contained in the following documents.
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- The Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations (CAW)
- The Control of Lead at Work Regulations (CLAW)
- The Ionizing Radiations Regulations (IRR)
- The Confined Spaces Regulations (CSR)
Course Aims and ObjectivesCandidates will learn how to select the appropriate equipment for the task and safely use disposable masks.
- Regulations & guidance
- The purpose and applicability of fit testing
- Procedures for selection of adequate and suitable RPE
- Fit factors & protection factors
- Examination procedures for RPE
- RPE training
- Correct donning procedures and pre-use fit checks
- Fit test procedures and purpose of the fit test exercises
- Capabilities & limitations of the fit test equipment
- Practical fit testing
- Set up & diagnostic checks, trouble shooting & Problem solving
- Fit test failures, interpretation of fit test reports
You will be qualified to train others on face fit testing, we shall supply you with the full course content.
We can provide face fit testing train the tester training throughout the UK, at a venue or location of your choice.
For more information on our open courses, and prices of on-site training please contact us.
Face Fit Testing Kits available with every face fit train the tester course.
Make an Enquiry
Head office 0800 0529355
To find your nearest training location, please quote your postcode.