Harness Training Course
Harness Training CourseThis harness training course is specifically designed to provide candidates and those with the responsibility of wearing a harness on site, an understanding and appreciation of the importance of safe use and inspection of a safety harness.
The training session will include; the requirement to perform a pre-use safety inspection of the safety harness, the faults that may be identified, which type of harness are appropriate for use when working at height dependant on your job description.
Candidates will have to participate in a full practical application and demonstrate how to wear a harness, the importance of correct anchorage when using fall arrest and fall restraint lanyards.
Course Aims & Objectives
- Assess and determine when it’s appropriate to use a safety harness
- Visually inspect harness and lanyards for damage before and after use
- Legislation and regulations affecting safety harness and associated PPE
- Product standards and classifications
- Hazards affecting the use of a safety harness and lanyard
- Appreciation of the requirements of legislation
- Guidance on when safety harness-lanyards need to be worn
- Categories for safe work at height
- CE marking
- Work Restraint-Fall arrest (do you know the difference)
- Equipment strengths
- Safety harness types (what is the difference)
- Lanyards, fall arrest, fall restraint
- Pre-use equipment checks
- Rescue provision
- Fitting and inspection
- Practical demonstration
3 years, this course is accredited.
We can provide harness training courses throughout the UK, at a venue or location of your choice.
For more information on our open courses and prices of on-site training please contact us.
Make an Enquiry
Head office 0800 0529355
To find your nearest training location, please quote your postcode.