Steps and Ladder Inspection Training Course
Steps and ladder audit & inspection courseThis course has been designed to help companies, organisations and those who have a legal duty under law to complete an audit, record and register any inspections associated with steps and ladders within the workplace.
The steps and ladder audit & inspection training course is a legal requirement under PUWER (Provision use work equipment regulations 1998).
The primary objective is to ensure that work equipment, including steps and ladders, does not give rise to risks to health and safety, regardless of the work equipment’s age, condition or origin.
3 years, this training course is accredited.
Apple Group Training can provide this training course on site or at a location of your choice. We provide training at most major locations Leeds, Manchester, Hull, Newcastle, Birmingham, London, Glasgow, Aberdeen, and surrounding areas.
For information on our open courses, or group booking please contact us.
Course aims and Objectives
- To train candidates in the skills and provide knowledge where required on the methods of inspections.
- How to select the correct equipment in accordance with the health and safety regulations.
- Identify the correct ladder types.
By the end of the training course delegates will have learned the skills necessary to inspect and maintain steps and ladders.
For more information, please contact us.
Inspection of steps and ladders
- General review of the main aspects of a business’ operations, activities, processes, equipment, materials, staff roles, etc.;
- Inspection of physical arrangements, when using steps or ladders
- Inspection and methods of recording when using steps or ladders as a means of work.
- Overview of existing health and safety reporting and inspection arrangements;
- Debrief at end of site visit;
- How to record, review your findings when inspecting steps and ladders;
- Storage and record keeping;
- Findings presented in a written report with photographic evidence, a prioritised action plan based on the report recommendations.
Apple Group Training provide all course candidates with pre-course reading as well as literature on the day.
For more information or advice please contact us.
Make an Enquiry
Freephone 0800 052 9355 or send us a message!