Ladder Training for the Aerial and Satellite Industry
Ladder Training Course for Aerial and Satellite IndustryThis ladder training course is ideal for those who use ladders as a means of access or as a working platform on the side of buildings or a pitched roof.
Employers and those in control of any work at height activity must make sure work is properly planned, supervised and carried out by competent people, this includes using the right type of equipment for working at height. (Source HSE)
Apple Group Training will help you all the way, we shall provide you with the latest course content, legislation, working at height procedures and PPE requirements. A lot has changed over the years, and we have developed new systems of safety which will help you improve your health and safety and reduce the risk of prosecution.
This training course which has been developed by Apple Group Training is a very comprehensive course designed to provide delegates with appropriate training and certification with regard to the methods used to stabilise a leaning portable ladder for use including access techniques onto a pitched roof. This course will also teach learners on how to use the correct type of fall protection equipment that is required by law when working at height.
3 years, this course is accredited.
We can provide this ladder training course throughout the UK, at a venue or location of your choice. For more information on our open courses, and prices of on-site training please contact us.
Course Aims and Objectives
Upon successful completion, you can be confident that attendees can undertake work at height safely where it is necessary to use a ladder as a means of access or as a working platform. The course also demonstrates correct procedures for safe ladder use.
This course advances on other ladder training courses by demonstrating the correct method of using fall protection equipment.
For more information, please contact us.
- Appreciation of the requirements of UK legislation
- Understanding the difference between fall arrest, fall restraint
- The importance of correct anchorage
- Understanding the method of correct fitting, usage and inspection of fall protection equipment
- Securing leaning ladders, using fall protection equipment including the use of Harness
- Appreciating the standards for roof safety and the hazards to be avoided
- Safe transfer method from a leaning ladder to a pitched roof using fall protection equipment
- Self-Rescue Techniques from a Leaning Ladder
- Practical demonstration of equipment by all course candidates
Ladder, Roof Ladder Level 3 TrainingApple Group Training are aware that industry training techniques are changing and with the help of other training professionals Apple Group Training have developed a web learning training course.
This version of training is only available to those who have previous proven certification of classroom and practical participation.
Apple Group Training will help you all the way, we shall provide you with the latest course content, legislation, working at height procedures and PPE requirements.
A lot has changed over the years, and we have developed new systems of safety which will help you improve your health and safety and reduce the risk of prosecution.
Employers and those in control of any work at height activity must make sure work is properly planned, supervised and carried out by competent people. This includes using the right type of equipment for working at height. (Source HSE) working-at-height
Participation, we shall require photo evidence of your working at height procedure to include full use of your PPE, proof of inspection of your ladders and ladder type, PPE and any other associated equipment for working at height. Dont worry we are here to help and our dedicated health and safety adviser will help you all the way.
Benefits: Free additional guidance, free literature, free advice plus you will have no further cost on travel, hotels and lost revenue as the refresher web learning will only take around 1 hour of your time, the rest is down to you.
- We shall require a minimum of 6 photos of evidence reference working at height procedure
- Evidence of collective measures
- Correct anchorage procedures
- Inspection record of fall protection equipment
- Evidence of securing leaning ladders, usage of fall protection equipment including the use of Harness
- Photographic evidence of roof safety
- Evidence of safe transfer method from a leaning ladder to a pitched or flat roof using fall protection equipment
- Completion of test papers
- Risk assessment on the day
Certification CPD continuous professional development
We shall also require a photo of your self re-passport type, for your ID badge which you shall receive with your certification.
Make an Enquiry
Head office 0800 0529355
To find your nearest training location, please quote your postcode.